July 7, 2012

whirl wind

This weekend my parents, my sister  and I took a whirl wind trip down to Cedar City to take part in the Shakespeare Festival they have down at SUU.  We didn't watch any Shakespeare though...what? Nope, we drove all that way to see Les Miserables.  The last time we saw it on stage was in 2007, so needless to say it was about time we saw it again. The venue was a small stage on the SUU campus, it was amazing being so up close and personal for one of the most moving musicals of all time!
I found myself getting a lot more emotional during this performance, I don't know if I am just older and have experienced enough to really relate to the Characters or i was just hormonal...haha. Either way, it was fabulous as always I never tire of the story or the music, it is such a powerful message of striving for good and bettering one's self. 
I cannot wait for the movie of the musical to come out in December! It's going to be so amazing to watch this beautiful story portrayed on the big screen. This is the movie trailer:
Before the play started we had a little fun in the gift shop trying on all these crazy masks they had in there, observe:
Also, I may have gotten a little friendly with Shakespeare...Phill's been gone for 19 months what you do you expect I get lonely. After the play we drove down to St. George visited the outlets and had dinner at Texas Roadhouse. It was a fun mini trip with my amazing family, minus a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment