July 24, 2013

Catch Up: Wedding Edition

The reason you should never get behind on a blog, or any other type of record keeping apparatus, is you will sit here staring at the screen for five minutes wondering what to catch up on, what to leave out, or whether you should just quit trying to blog all together. (I can't do that, my loyal blog fans would be devastated, you know who you are...)  So let's play catch up. The events of the last three month have been to say the least significant...well at least one of the events. Let's talk about that one.

I got married. Hitched, tied the knot, sealed the deal, ball and chained, murr'd...you get the idea.  Its true I survived having finals week the week of my wedding and actually made it to the temple on time. Our wedding day like any wedding day had glitches that you wish you could go back and tweak.  BUT, why focus on that when you can focus on all that awesome that went down.  

    We had an awesome wedding dinner the night before, Phill's parents did such a beautiful job at putting it on and the food was divine! They even made me special birthday jigglers (my birthday was the next day) Each of our parents gave a little speech, Annette cut her apron strings, giving them to me, hoping that her son wouldn't starve under my care (not yet, but we've only just begun.)
 Phill and I gave a little talk as well.  He told the story of my sweet grandpa who passed the year after we started dating.  Phill and I had only been dating a few months  when my grandpa took him aside and said he wouldn't mind having him be apart of the family.  That Grandpa Low was always a good judge of character.  So that brought on the waterworks.  I don't really remember what I said, I told our story the better part of it you can find here
We also celebrated Teancum's second birthday that night!

April 27, 2013: Wedding Day! 

   Phill and I had a late marriage appointment at the temple, we were scheduled to get married at 1:30 pm. The reasoning behind this was because Phill and I are not morning people and wedding or no wedding I'd be cranky. I woke up to my cute mom hugging me and saying happy birthday (she's basically the cutest and that was just the best way to start of the ultimate day!) I ran off to get my hair and makeup done, while Ben drove to the air port to pick up Erick and Kira! They were so awesome to get up extra early to fly out the day of our wedding! (thanks Ben!)  By the time I got home everyone was there including Phill and it was such an awesome insight into our new family to be in just a few hours! We hung out for a bit and ate something, then we decided we should probably leave and go get married. haha. It was fun to drive to Logan together, we had done it a million times together, but this time was definitely different.  

The Sealing was so amazing to walk into a room full of people we loved all looking at us, I was shaking..not a huge fan of being the center of attention, the sealer talked to us, heaven help me if I remember what he said.  I was surprised at how short the ceremony is, when we returned to the dressing room I said to my mom, is that it? we're just married now? I was all sorts of surprised.  After we were sealed everyone there came and hugged us and there was so much love and peace I am so blessed to be a part of the greater Brandley family they are enormous, but just lovely! And to have my cute family there meant the world! 












My best friends! 

The rest of the day went as a wedding day would, pictures, pictures, and more pictures. I felt like Travel Guide Barbie on Toy Story, all that smiling really kills the cheeks.





 Our reception was at the Castle in Logan, it was a sweet and simple building that we dressed up with woodland, rustic, wildflower goodness.  I had always hoped to have a chill wedding that reflected my inner granola girl and I think we succeeded.  We had pie from Maddox (de-freaking-lish).




The line was one of my favorite parts of the reception, I never thought I would say that, but it was! All the people I loved just kept coming through and it was wonderful.






 Phill and I's first dance was to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri.  Although the song, I will admit, is a wee bit on the cheesy side I always felt like it captured Phill and I's story really well.








My dad and I danced to Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift.  I'm not a Tay-Tay fan, but I do love that song.  I did NOT expect to get so emotional dancing with my dad, but cue waterworks!




 Phill and his mom danced to There You'll Be (I think, that's terrible I don't remember) It was a really sweet moment as well. 



Those events were followed by the usual bouquet toss which my bestie Alisha caught to my delight, and Shaun Phill's best friend caught the garter.  (We may or may not have planned both of those...)




Our cake cutting was hilarious. I always wondered if i would be a smasher or a nice (boring) bride.  I guess in the moment  you just know:

Those festivities were followed by more dancing, and eating of the pie and socializing, and loving every minute of our sweet little day.  Phill had everyone sing Happy Birthday to me, how humiliating, but nice. And then he and his brothers did a hilarious dance that is tradition at Brandley brother weddings.  


Our send off was supposed to be awesome, but the late night winds rolled in and dashed those hopes.  We had bought a Chinese wish lantern, you know like from Tangled. It was going awesome and it was going to go when the wind blew it and it fell down to the ground where my Erick was of course waiting to stomp the fire out. We just laughed about it and headed down the stairs where everyone had made a tunnel for us to run through to our very decorated, balloon filled car.


Oh no there it goes! Erick jump on it! haha 
I'm busting up at our failure. 



And away we went! We stopped at chick-fil-a to get some grub, and then we spent the evening at the Anniversary Inn in Logan (Louis and Becca were amazing and bought the room for us.  Angels both of them!) 

We were so blessed by so many people that day, I have to give a shout out to my AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, SWEET, SUPPORTIVE, SPECTACULAR, AWESOME parents.  They made our wedding day so perfect and put in so much effort and energy to make it special for me.  I could never repay them for all they have done for me and our wedding was just another amazing gesture of the incredible people they are! Before Phill and I left for the temple I left them a letter on their bed with my Teddy Bear.  Our family is M*A*S*H fanatics, there is an episode when the character Radar is sent home, throughout the entire series he finds comfort in his Teddy Bear.  I have had the same Teddy Bear since I was one and have loved it about as much as Radar. In that final episode with Radar, he leaves his Teddy Bear with Hawkeye as a final goodbye.  I, like Radar, left it as a symbolic gesture that it was time to grow up.  It was of course only symbolic, because at the end of the letter I wrote "p.s. I'll be back for the bear." ha. I LOVE MY FAMILY!  Special thanks to Kaitlin for our beautiful photos!

Thank you EVERYONE for all your love and support. 

We had an amazingly beautiful wedding day! 





2 comments:

  1. You seriously write SO beautifully!!! I love to read your writings and can even hear them in your adorable voice!!! This post made me cry all over again!!! You and Phill have such a great love story and I'm just SO HAPPY to have you as my sister FOREVER!!! It was fun to relive this day because it was just such a HAPPY day for me full of great memories!!! Even at 38 1/2 weeks prego... I enjoyed EVERY minute because your dreams (yours and Phill's that is) were finally coming true!!! Together now sealed for Time and ALL Eternity!!! Powerful promises!!! And I am by way of that sealing a very blessed beneficiary!!!

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU FOREVER Meg!!! SO HAPPY we get to keep you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your sister is seriously an AMAZING photographer!!! Well, and she had a VERY Photogenic Bride and Groom to work with!!! When Talent meets Natural Beauty... Watch out!!!

    ReplyDelete