February 10, 2013

Official

After over three years of being unofficially official...Phillip Jesse and I are officially engaged! Officially official! And I could not be happier! Earlier today I was with Phill and we were talking about our wedding, and I jokingly said well, we don't know if we are going to be having a wedding, you haven't bothered to ask me.  Followed by a lot of teasing and pressuring him into telling me if he was ever going to ask me. *face palm* He already had a plan.
Phill had a Primary meeting for his calling so I ran home and he went to the meeting, and I thought to myself this meeting is taking a really long time! Finally he showed up at my house and we were hanging out with my family. Lord of the Rings the Two Towers was on the TV so we started watching. I LOVE Lord of the Rings, so I thought it was really weird when Phill suddenly looks up from his phone and says, "do you want to go for a drive" at first I thought something was wrong, because WHO decides to leave in the middle of Middle Earth, I mean really.
So we start driving, I'm a little suspicious, but I ride it out, act as natural as possible. We drive and Phill pulls off at the park we went on our first date when we were 16 and 17 years old.  He gives me a kiss and quickly pulls out a blind fold and covers my eyes. That's when I knew for sure something was about to happen.
We started driving and he went around the round about at least 6 times getting me all disoriented, and we drove around.  I was completely lost! We laughed and joked about how nothing out of the ordinary was going on, we were just starting a new drive tradition of blind folding the passenger.
The car stops. Phill opens my door and starts leading me up a hill, a very snowy hill, and I was just wearing flats. We reach what must have been the top of the hill and Phill says, "This is the part where you get on my back" so I jump on, and we start heading down hill. It's a miracle we didn't slip and fall! haha He sets me down, and takes the blind fold off. We were at Barker Park.
Funny thing about Barker Park, Phill and I went there all of the time, not sure what the draw was, but there we went.  We went there on the night of our second 1st kiss, we made sidewalk chalk murals of each other on the stage, said good-bye every weekend before he headed up to Logan for the week, and it was there in 2009 that Phill told me he was going to serve a mission.  When he was gone I went back there a lot, I always made it part of my running routes, and sometimes I would just sit in the parking lot and miss him.
When the blind fold came off, there were lights strung over our heads, and one of our favorite songs, Brad Paisley's "Then" started to play, and we danced.  I was in heaven!























 In the song there is a line that goes, "there were people around, but I didn't care, I got down on one knee right there, and once again I thought I loved you then" Phill got down on one knee and asked me to go on an eternal adventure with him.





I said yes,( of course I've been dreaming about this since the day I met him) and I kissed him, he dropped the ring in the snow. haha, luckily it was still in the box, no harm done. He put it on, we kissed.  And then Phill yelled, for everyone to come out and all of his younger siblings, and my family came pouring out around us.








I could not be happier to be marrying my best friend, to be a part of my amazing family and to be joining another.  We've had a long story, but it's really only just beginning.

5 comments:

  1. Megan, congratulations!!! This is so beautiful. I am teary-eyed for you. You two are a beautiful couple. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to read what happened. Phill is sure creative, what a fun way to propose and to have all the family there too. Just your guy's style. Congrats on becoming officially official.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously...I teared up. What an awesome proposal! SO Special and SO Memorable. Really happy for you! Congratulations over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SO SO Happy for you! ( and of course for Phil, he doesn't yet quite realize the what a wonderful lady he has!) I LOVED reading this , the hopeless romantic I am... Love you Meg! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to read this again. I read it before... but left no proof... What a cute husband you have!!! I love those Sentimental, Sweet, Romantic Brandley Boys!!! SO glad you are a part of the family!!! We all LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete