February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Adventure

I have never been big into Valentine's day, and I am so grateful that Phill and I never have overly cheesy Valentine's.  Occasionally we're a little sappy, but you have to let loose sometimes.  Today was a perfectly non-cheesy day! For the first time since he's been  home we got to go out and have a real adventure, so we used good ole Valentine's day as an excuse to get away from it all.
We took a beautiful drive up to Park City listening to our playlist on my phone, thanks to the awesome radio adapter Phill got me! We wandered Main Street, went into all the fun shops, and took some pictures it was just like the good old days.


















                                       





We also went up to the Outlets where Phill got some new clothes, hallelujah  It was long over due, he's going to look sharp ;)

Next it was off to Salt Lake for our dinner reservations at The Macaroni Grill. It was so delicious! I love coloring on their tables I think it is such a fun atmosphere!




After we went over to wander City Creek, Phill had never been there it was fun to show him around, and pretend we were classy enough to go into such a place. haha. We got to see a proposal and clapped and just grinned cuz we're all cute and engaged now. We watched the fountain they have there do it's nightly show which I was very excited about I hadn't seen it yet, it was awesome!

Lastly, like always, I got sick from the darn Macaroni Grill...I love it, it doesn't love me. We were at Temple Square, so we sat down and listened to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir practice for a little while that was an amazing experience! Then we headed home so I could get some rest.

All in all this was the best Valentine's Day of my life, not saying I'm a believer in the day, but I appreciate the idea that love should be celebrated no matter what kind of love you have in  your  life it's worth recognizing and celebrating.   I love you all and I hope you had a lovely day o' love!

1 comment:

  1. This is too cute and funny. I wanted to push "like" tons of times!!! How funny the things that we become used to :)

    ReplyDelete