July 27, 2013

Catch Up: Playing House


 One of the things I have really loved about being out on our own in the scary grown up world is making our little apartment more homey.  The first time we walked in it was a HUGE step up from the apartments we had been looking at, but it was completely white and I felt like I had just checked into the psych ward. So I've tried to jazz it up with some color.





 We have really enjoyed living here though, we have a pool, but rarely have time to use it.  Phill's family probably uses it more than we do.

My favorite things about our apartment, (probably Phill's least favorite part) is we are only 30 seconds from Target.  Love me some target!

It's been fun to practice the art of cooking, I'm not horrible at it, but I didn't cook a ton when I was at home.  I have enjoyed trying new recipes.  A few of our favorites have been:
Stuffed Red Peppers recipe here

Crock Pot Chicken Terriyaki: 1lb chicken (sliced, cubed or however), 1c chicken broth, 1/2c terriyaki or soy sauce, 1/3c brown sugar, 3 minced garlic cloves cook in crock pot for a few hours.  Then I just sauteed the vegetables in some Mr. Yoshida's, and served it over brown rice. 


Cranberry Chicken:
One can of whole cranberry sauce, small bottle of french dressing, and onion soup mix stir together and pour over chicken breasts.
cook uncovered at 350 for an hour 

served over brown rice 

Cheese Fondue:
Sharp shredded cheddar, brie (rind removed), 1 1/2 c. milk, 2T flour
stir together on low until evenly melted




2 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!! You are a better cook & decorator (is that a word?) than me and I've had LOTS of years of practice!!! This is inspiring!!! I would be SO loving living right next to Target if I were you too!!! And I must add not all of Phill's family has enjoyed your pool more than you ;) The Jakob Brandley family has yet to step foot in your pool... but we LOVE to come visit you!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your house looks AMAZING!!! You've got the touch!!! And I NEED to make that Cranberry Chicken!!! It all looks delish!!!

    ReplyDelete