December 23, 2013

Benny Boy



This last Wednesday we sent my little brother to the MTC...it's bee a long time coming, but I didn't realize I was so unprepared for it.  I've sent an older brother, and a boyfriend on a mission, but there is something different about a little brother.  I think as an older sibling you feel you have some sort of protecting power over your younger siblings.  Ben is my only younger sibling and I've always felt very protective of him.   It's silly thinking about buff big Ben ever needing protection, but you know how older sisters are.  It's been a challenge dealing with him being away, it hasn't even been a week, but I miss his craziness.
Sometimes the Gospel requires more strength and sacrifice than I feel I can give.  However, we move forward in faith, trusting in God that He will carry us through.  That He will carry Benjamin through.
Ben will be an incredible missionary.  He has made the efforts to serve a mission completely on his own, he is the hardest working 19 year old  I know, he has a huge welcoming heart, and the strength and faith to change life.  He has changed mine.
The people of Tijuana better look out!  Elder Westbroek is on his way! Love you B-Train!




"May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand." 


No comments:

Post a Comment