February 3, 2014

Bragging Rights

I feel like I need to brag.  Every girl who has found that guy should brag.  There are good men out there people and mine is one of them.  My heart is so full every day for the love of one man.  This is cheesy and personal, so if you do not like stuff like this stop reading now, you have been warned.  Phill is my anchor. Phill is my happiness. Phill is my life.  I would not be here today without him.  He gives me purpose and he gives me joy.  I remember one day when we were dating, early on in our relationship, and Phill asked me what I wanted most out of this life.  I replied simply to be happy to find happiness.  He stopped, paused for a second, and said, "no, I think you want to joy."  I thought this was an odd comment at first, aren't joy and happiness interchangeable?  As life moved on and so did we I began to feel a greater happiness, a greater love, and yes, a greater joy.

Phill fights for me every day.  When my anxiety takes me away mentally he is by my side holding me until I come back into my consciousness again asking if I am okay, and he kisses my forehead, squeezes me and says, 'yes baby, I have you, you are okay.'  I am blessed to have him by my side. He makes me feel safe. Safe from trouble, safe from trial, and even safe from myself.
  Phill and I have spent the greater part of our relationship apart, and even now we are married and it is no exception.  He lives in Logan during the week and I stay in Ogden for school.  It has been hard as we both go through the challenges of life on different schedules and feeling so alone at times. But Phill reminds me that all bad things end and there is good waiting for us, there is joy.
 I love my husband more than I could write in a million cheesy words. He has given me the greatest life, the most fulfilling and life changing love.  He has taught me patience and unconditional love.  I am blessed by his hard work and selflessness every day.

I love you.


2 comments:

  1. Bring on the Cheese!! I love every bit of it! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phill makes me happy too!

    -Joshie

    ReplyDelete