May 15, 2011

A Little Extra Reassurance

"Opposition turns up almost anyplace something good has happened.  It can happen when you are trying to get an education.  It can hit you after your first month in your new mission field.  It certainly happens in matters of love and marriage... With any major decision there are cautions and considerations to make, but once there has been genuine illumination, beware the temptation to retreat from a good thing.  If it was right when you prayed about it and trusted in it and lived for it, it is right now. Don't give up when pressure mounts...Face your doubts.  Master your fears. 'Cast not away your confidence.' Stay the course and see the beauty of life unfold for you."

~Elder Holland~

The Best Thing Ever!!!
aka Phillip J. Brandley
This is my new favorite quote.  It explains perfectly what I battle every day.  For almost 6 months I have been in a storm of doubts, temptations, fears, and pressure to retreat from something amazing.  But, I have never once thought of giving up.  I am clinging to those moments of genuine illumination that point me in the direction that I am meant to be heading in my life.  This quote is such a strong foundation for me, a little extra reassurance, that I am doing what I need to be doing.  And there will always be something trying to pull me away, but I am thankful for the challenge.

1 comment:

  1. Meg, your post made me tear up! So sweet!!! It was just what I needed to read at the beginning of the longest week of my life! You ARE doing the right thing and the lord will bless you! Hang in there! Loves :)

    ReplyDelete