October 10, 2011

History 101

Ah, Columbus Day, one of America's more worthless holidays.  I did get a little delight and a spark of pride for good old American know how today while I was at the gym. I was on the elliptical at Gold's minding my own business when the Ellen show comes on the TV. Delightful I love Ellen, to my even greater delight Ellen's Know or Go game was based on American History, my favorite subject (boo ya) the nerd in me was anxious to answer all the questions!
Ellen comes to the 1st girl, she answers correctly, the second follows suite, then the 3rd girl...a college student and aspiring Doctor, was asked, "In what year did Columbus make his famous voyage?" The girl responds, "1707" ...Oh no no no. That was just sad. I was laughing so hard I could elliptical no more.
Happy Pointless Holiday Everyone.
 Sorry Columbus, but ya didn't even discover America, mmmk.

No comments:

Post a Comment