November 26, 2012

Guilty Pleasure.

So it's no shocker that Phill's homecoming has been on my mind more than usual lately, I mean come on it's in 10 days....almost 9.  Phill and I have always planned on seeing each other again for the first time at the airport, that has always been our game plan.  It is funny how when there is room for speculation in an aspect of your life people run with it.  I have heard all sorts of horror stories about missionaries coming home and dumping their faithful girlfriend.  I have also received a lot of advice about what NOT to do at the airport.  Like all things I have learned to laugh and shake off criticism and unnecessary advice, every wait is different, every couple is different.
  As a missionary girlfriend from day one of their mission you think about what the airport will be like, what will that first hug feel like, what are you going to wear, are you going to cry (yeah... I'm gonna cry). Every aspect is imagined, and critiqued and then reimagined.... then it's here, only days away and I can't picture it, I cannot possibly imagine what it's going to be like, it hasn't hit me yet, I don't know when it will. 
For the past two years i have watched other girl's missionaries come home, and have watched their videos, and seen their pictures, they have kind of become my guilty pleasure.  So since I can't show my experience just yet these are a few of my favorite videos that have been played on repeat for the last 24 months, enjoy :)


1. This one is my favorite I wish I would have had the foresight and skill to make a video like this! click the link here to watch it. (but really watch it!!!!)

2. This is the story of Mitt and Ann Romney, yes she waited for him on his mission, I love the way she talks about him at the airport.
 
3. This one is not at the airport, but it's really sweet. Click here to watch it.  
 
 
It's hard to believe that we are here. People have asked me if it has gone by slow or fast, honestly I am blown away that we are already here.  It has been one of the hardest, and greatest experiences of my life.  I am so blessed that Phill was willing to share his mission with me. 
 

4 comments:

  1. The two of you are seriously going to have me bawling like a baby at the airport! I may bypass any mascara that day so I don't have it smudged all over my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking for the Mitt and Ann Romney one! I love it (: And I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bones, don't over think it; ENJOY it :)

    ReplyDelete