November 30, 2011

Over the Hill

I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to figure out what to say...1 year ago tonight, i stood on my porch and hugged Phill, good-bye for 2 years.  I still remember that moment, it was so slow and so quick...he smiled grabbed me and spun me around, placed me back onto the step of my porch, gave me a kiss, and drove away. And the adventure began!  He went to the MTC the next day, and has been serving faithfully ever since!
The first year is over! We've made it! If i said that this year has been easy, i would be lying, lying hard core...it hasn't been easy.  But, it has been great.  As i looked back over the past year, all the things we've accomplished and experienced there really aren't any words that can properly describe what a trail, struggle, and oddly enough what a blessing it has been to be apart.  
I've learned so much about sacrifice, and i've been able to see Heavenly Father's hand in almost every aspect of my life. Heavenly Father has blessed us both so much over the past year and i am so grateful for him in our lives, helping us to grow closer together, instead of drifting apart.  I am so excited to be this far along in his mission, i am also so excited for this next year and all the adventures we will have on our own...and together!  To keep myself from getting too sentimental here and writing a years worth of who knows what, i made this little video for Phill of pictures from our 1st year apart. So i'll share it with you:

1 year down and we're on our way!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Congratulations on making it a year. It is all down hill from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet :) It makes me a little less scared to say goodbye to my missionary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, that video was SO cute!!! I love it! :) He will love it! Can't wait until I reach this point! So excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete