December 31, 2011

just a kiss

Warning: the following post contains images of lip to lip contact, if that type of connection makes you squirm then do not read this post. You have been warned. ;)

So it's New Years Eve, and among all the resolutions people are making and shortly be breaking, there is something else that comes to mind when this day approaches. "who am i going to kiss?" I'm not sure when or how New Years kisses became a thing, but I do know that most people have it on their bucket lists. ha. And you better believe i did too.
My first New Years Eve with Phill, was nothing like we had planned. We ended up "baby-sitting" his little brother Kaileb, but we were determined to still attempt to make it special/romantic. We built a fire in his back yard, and we all said movie quotes and had to guess where it came from. Snow was falling in giant flakes all round us, we had s'mores, and hot dogs (in that order) and really had an grand 'ole time ringing in 2010.  The clock struck 12 and then and there Phill and I had our first New Years kiss.


2009-2010

When December 31st rolled around the next year, Phill had been out on his mission for about a month.  So obviously no real New Years kiss took place, but i thought it would be fun if he had some sort of a kiss for New Years.  So i sent him a giant chocolate kiss with pictures of us pasted on all sides of the box, Wha-la our 2010-2011 New Years kiss.
Now, faster than i ever thought possible, it's time to ring in 2012! Every year my family has a candle light dinner on New Years Eve, we have steak and crab, and get out our fancy dishes.  This year is no exception.  Traditions are big with me, and so you better believe i didn't leave Phill "kiss-less" this New Years Eve! haha I found this idea on Pinterest, and knew i was going to use it for New Years. I sent him an example of his part of the picture and told him to send it back to me asap, it took two tries but then we finally got one that would work. All along he was pretty curious about "what the devil that picture was for" i took my part of the picture and put them together, sent it to him and ta-da here we have our 2011-2012 New Years kiss!

Phill will be home to usher in 2013 with me, and what a great year that will be!
 I hope you all have a great New Years Eve, and New Year!

1 comment: