December 27, 2011

Uno Mas

Now that Christmas has gone as quickly as it came, it's time to wrap up the season with one more post about my actual Christmas Day. (because it was a good one!) The day began with 9 o'clock church with my family, (minus mom, who was sweetly taking care of my Grandma) then back home for our traditional sausage sandwiches for breakfast! Yum! I don't know where or when that tradition started, but i have yet to have a Christmas morning without them, and I'll be darned if i ever actually do!
Next came the parade of presents, and I'll admit i was quite spoiled this year! (as i am every year, really) I am so excited to try out all my new cake pop making supplies! As the present opening progressed i began to feel a little queasy, my palms were sweaty and my stomach was doing back flips....i was getting more and more nervous. For what you ask? Well, it just so happens that along with Christmas comes another tradition, the 2nd time a year a missionary is allowed to call home...Phill was calling:) but not just calling i knew he'd be skyping! yikes! We kept opening and i kept getting more and more sick.  I took a break from the presents to get get myself all ready to "see" Phill. The siblings in my family all gave each other our gifts for one another after i got ready.  Kaitlin gave me a present that really calmed my nerves, observe:
Kaitlin handed me my carefully wrapped present, and instructed me to open it cautiously...i opened the package to find a box of donuts! Now i LOVE donuts don't get me wrong, but i have also recently lost 12 pounds so a  box of donuts seemed a little bit like sabotage! I then began to read the writing around the rim of the box lid...

Of course i instantly recognized the quote,(click HERE to listen) but the fact that i couldn't put the pieces together shows how nervous i was...i was instructed to open the box...so i did.


  
I opened it up and noticed a zip lock bag chillin' below the donuts...i carefully extracted said bag and opened it up. i scanned the papers that were in the bag but i still couldn't put it together to save my life! then suddenly it dawned on me/i saw the name on the paper. It was tickets to Brian Regan, my all time favorite comedian! Home run Kait, home run!

Rick, Kira, and Kait expertly created "sprink-smich" donuts for effect. They're great.
Well, that was a brilliant distraction, but now it was time to head to the Brandley's to talk to Phill. By the time i reached their house my hands were shaking violently...can you imagine how messed up i am going to be when he actually comes home! i will probably pass out! As you may or may not know, Phill has 8 siblings and 4 of those siblings have spouses so it takes a long time for my turn. I like to go after all his siblings because i feel like they have more rights to him than i do. I waited, and waited, tried to distract myself, and act calm. I sat in while his younger sisters talked to him, and then it was my turn...i sat in front of the screen and just like that it was like he was actually sitting right by me. We talked, laughed, and told stories about our crazy lives. I could have talked to him all day, Josh (Phill's oldest brother) kept popping his head in to tell me how much time i had left, before i knew it Phill's parents walked in to take their turn, and i thought and then said, "CRAP! i haven't even told you that i loved you once, I'm awful!" His parents laughed, but man it was a little awkward to express my feelings right then and there in front of them, but it was okay, i told him i loved him, and then walked out.  Usually i am giddy after his phone calls, but skype is different. I walked out of the room and into the hallway, Josh held out his arms and there i went and then came the tears...Louis (another brother) joined in. They were so great to not mock the water works! The Brandleys are absolutely amazing! I am so thankful that they let me steal some of their time with Phill.
So that was Christmas...oh wait i forgot to show you what Phill got me for Christmas, it is awesome!


This my friends is going to be my absolute sanity in the coming year! He, the amazing adorable Phill, made this "Weekly Reminder Book" which literally has something to remind me of him for every week next year! He's a keeper! It's adorable, i haven't looked ahead or anything, but my family all have right in front of me! (rude) but they are impressed and so am i!

Next Christmas we'll be together!
Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment