April 29, 2012

Birthday

This last Friday was my 21st birthday! How did it go you ask? Well, it was one of my most bizarre birthdays...actually I kept forgetting it even was my birthday! ha. This is what happened. I woke up in the morning at 7??? who does that? Got up, and my cute mama made me sausage sandwiches me gusta! Then she sadly informed me that she had to go take care of my Grandma, because her regular care giver was sick. So i spent my birthday alone...until about 1 o'clock when i picked up two children, Maya and Teancum are Phill's niece and nephew and they are staying with me while their mommy and daddy are in the Philippines. Having them on my Birthday was so fun, but it made me totally forget that it was even my birthday because i was crazy busy with them. It was worth it though. Besides that weird beginning/middle, it ended amazingly.  Everyone was home for cake and ice cream and since Teancum's 1st Birthday was the day before mine we made it a double party and let him join in on the cupcake fun!


Of course Maya had a lot of fun too! This made up for the bitter disappointment that were my presents...to Maya, not me i loved my presents! ha. She was really excited to help me open presents, but was severely disappointed to find out that grown up presents are not quite as fun as little girl presents. But she was a trooper and helped me open all of them!
My parents always treat me waaaay more than i deserve. And this year took the cake. While opening my presents i came upon a shoe box...no surprise there i picked them out myself and was expecting to find them. So Maya and i opened the shoe box and i was telling here that there were sandals in there! then i move around the paper...uh....where are the sandals? Then it happened, i caught a glimpse of that iconic blue box tied with a white ribbon....TIFFANY'S!!!! After visiting the new City Creek Tiffany's & Co. i was bound and determined to own something from there and i didn't care what! So i had my mind set on this adorable silver band with a Tiffany Blue center, i had just been saving my pennies to get it. I opened the box...i pulled out the bag, i reached in, and there it was a giant CHECK off my bucket list! A ring from Tiffany's. I love it!


Telling Maya it's shoes...you can tell she's disappointed. haha.
Clearly i'm very excited...i can't even control how my face looks. haha.

Explaining it to Maya, She was less than amused, but i could not me more so;)

These are the sandals i thought i was opening when i got my ring:
Even my own feet gross me out, so i do not know why i am posting a picture of them.... i apologize. haha All in all despite a rocky beginning and middle, my birthday ended with a Big Bang (literally i watched the Big Bang theory at the end, because Kaitlin bought me the third season she's great.) Phill sent me "flowers" which was adorable, they were pictures he had taken of flowers along the way with little notes on the back of each, cute stuff.
Thank you to everyone who made my Birthday special.

No comments:

Post a Comment