April 8, 2012

Easter Crazies

Of all the holidays we celebrate Easter has to be the most confusing. Supposedly a bunny hides eggs, uses baskets, and depending on the interpretation you are getting defecates jelly beans. who. came. up. with. this. stuff? All in all it makes for some lively times, so i am not opposed to this Peter Cottontail. This year Easter was an adventure we had dinner with my family, Grandma, and my cousin Karen and her family. Ethan, Derrick, and Lia are three of my most favorite kiddos eva they made Easter a blast, just look at them how could they not!?!
This is Ethan, second grade wonder showing off his sidewalk-chalk masterpiece
his Easter bunny came down with an illness, but later he said, "The Easter Bunny is resurrected"
Thank heavens!

This is Derrick, he turns six tomorrow! He is probably the craziest of the 3,
but that is debatable. He is sporting a chocolate frosting tongue. Yummy.

Here we have Miss Lia Nora about to be 3 going on 14 she is brilliant!
In this picture Miss Chocolate Fancy face is being harassed by,
"Monka Mike" which directly translated = Uncle Mike
I love these little Easter Crazies! We did a way with a few of our normal Easter traditions this year, but one still kept going. Cupcakes! For as long as i remember we would always make special cupcakes for my Grandpa Low when Easter rolled around and even though he has passed away, we still make them, and i love it! Here are a few we made this year:
But of course Easter isn't really about some crazy bunny. It's about our Savior Jesus Christ who came forth from the dead a resurrected being, securing for all eternity a way for eternal life of all people.  the other day, through Mormon.org Phill posted an answer to the question, "What is Christ to me?" I seriously loved it so much, here is what he said:

"He is Every hope, dream, want, and need, I have. He is my Redeemer, meaning no matter how bad I mess up (which trust me I do a lot), He is always there to help me find the light. He chooses to love me endlessly. To be ...my friend when I'm in need. To remove the fear of this mortal life and replace it with enduring faith. He blesses me with strength far beyond my own, so that I may overcome the challenges and trials in my life.
 I wasn't always this way, a believer. It took me searching my soul and trusting my Father in Heaven, to answer my prayer that He is there and loves me. And by knowing this, I know He sent His son. To Atone for the world, so that by Jesus we might have the opportunity to live with Him some day.
I'm so thankful for the wonderful peace I have in my life, which comes from the Savior, like endless flowing water. He said" I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light!" I know this to be true and I love the Savior with all my heart."


If anyone knows Phill the way I do, or as well as I do, this will just melt your heart into a puddle of unexplainable joy. I love him so much! And I echo what he said.

Christ is the reason for all goodness, he suffered more than anyone who has ever lived or will live for us.  I love to think, if Jesus Christ had to come down to earth to atone for my sins alone, he would have. That kind of love, and perfection can only be found in one place, through our brother and redeemer Jesus the Christ. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." He is joy, He is Risen!

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter Sunday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment