March 16, 2011

Missionary News:

The other day I was moseying around on Facebook and I received a friend request...who is this mystery person I wondered as I looked at the picture. I rarely forget names or faces so when I looked closer...I had NO idea who it was.  Then when I clicked on the actual friend request a little message popped up that said, "Hi Megan, I'm Sister Austin, Phillip told me to add you because I’m his black mom in Cali." The thought that crossed my mind next was, of course he did. That is such a Phillip thing to say.  We got to talking and she was converted to the Gospel last year and has been striving to help bring others to the truth ever since. Every letter or e-mail I get from Phill raves about Sister Austin and her amazing drive to bring others to the gospel. I was lucky enough to talk to her via Facebook and get to know her a little bit better and she told me how great Phillip is, (not that I didn’t already know) but it was great to hear from someone in his mission about the work he is doing and somehow it reassured me that he made the right choice by taking two years of "Meg time", as Phill calls it, to serve a mission.
 In case you haven't heard Phill is doing amazing! He is staying in Barstow for another transfer and he is so excited.  He loves his companion, the people, work, and the desert…if you look up Barstow on Google Earth (which I have, not going to deny It. ha.) there is not a trace of green to be seen.  It is a giant desert to be sure, but even in the most barren of places miracles can occur. And he has seen many while being out in the service of the Lord. I'm so thankful for the miracle of Elder Bradley’s "black mom In Cali" looking out for him, despite my slight jealousy that she gets to associate with him on a regular basis, I am truly blessed. 

1 comment:

  1. God bless Brother Phill and all those who are those who are looking out for him!

    Joshie

    ReplyDelete