March 5, 2011

Nowhere to go but up!

Rock-bottom is an interesting place to be...but in all reality when you've hit rock-bottom there is nowhere to go but up.  And just when I feel like I am at a standstill the words of Robert Frost come to mind, "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on."  So this is where I decide does it go on at rock-bottom or does it go up?
My best friend has been gone for 3 months now and I miss him as much as ever, but life goes on and it is looking up!  He is doing amazing things out in the mission field; changing not only the lives of those he teaches, but mine as well.  I love that we have this time to grow together in different ways than ever before.  So I’m going to keep slapping a smile on every morning and doing what needs to be done, because I'm three months closer than I've ever been to seeing Phill again…life goes on and it's going up.

No comments:

Post a Comment