February 15, 2012

Day 'O' Love

Well, happy day after Valentine's everyone! Did you all have a romantic day?:) I should hope so. Since the beginning of time...or junior highish, Kaitlin and I have celebrated Valentine's day (mostly celebrating our dislike for it:) ) together in one way or another.  It usually involved skipping school and seeing a movie.  This year we went to Lady Antebellum and it was amazing! they put on such a great show! But before i post pictures from the concert i have a comical story to share about our drive down to Salt Lake.

We were driving passed Layton, when out of the corner of my eye i saw that the passenger in the car next to us was holding up a sign with his phone number. I recognized him and kept driving.  He followed, and help up a sign that said, "I've never kissed a girl will you be my Valentine?" I laughed and blew him a kiss...hoping that it would just end there. it did not. He put up his number again, and said to text him, if that is easier. Kaitlin and i  then motioned that texting and driving kills (probably not anymore than having full on conversations with the car in the carpool lane on the freeway, but whatever.) he then writes THEN CALL ME!!! Followed by, "I'll make you breakfast..." we just ignore him, but his facial expression were hilarious! We are now by Lagoon in Farmington, and he holds up a sign, that says, "am i really that ugly" with a big pouty face...Kaitlin and i decide we had better talk to him. So we asked him how old he was (because he looked like jail bait to us) He was 19. We respond, "Sorry, we are not cougars" and speed off into another lane. He follows. And writes, "I never said I went to BYU!" (haha) We respond, we've got you by a few years, thank you though.  He writes back, "Age doesn't matter when it comes to love" we say this isn't love, and he responds with "it could be..." haha We are now well passed bountiful and he's holding up his number saying last chance....we shake our heads no. and continue on. He follows. Then holds up, "I just missed my exit for you." haha. We tell him we are sorry and wave good-bye, because we were not missing our exit for him! and that is the story of how we almost got a date for Valentine's day. haha. The End.

And here are some of our Lady A Concert Photos:


Classic pre-concert photo....

Another classic...this is how we get dates;)

Phill and i sent each other valentines this year (surprise, surprise) I'm  not super great at getting gifts, haha, i much much rather give them. But he did a good job! He gave me all the change he had saved up for our Disneyland change jar, chocolate (which i desperately needed, how did he know?;) ) and my favorite part was his name tag! i really wanted one and he read my mind!
I made him this (see below) and sent it in a, wait for it...heart shaped box with a blinged out yoda on the front. Yes people that is true love. haha.
And for good measure here is me and my Valentine. Man i love him!

Happy Valentine's Day all you cuties out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment