June 10, 2011

Tonga. One Year Later.

It's been a year since I went to the beautiful island of Tonga. I went there to serve the people, but it turns out they did more for me than i could have ever done for them.  There are amazing lessons that can be learned by the Tongan people after only spending five minutes with them.  They will do anything for the people they love, and they love EVERYONE they meet.  If i gained anything from my experience in Tonga it was to love everyone i came in contact with, no questions asked, and to serve them in any way i could.  They have so little and maybe that is why they are so happy, mostly it seems that their source of happiness come from their faith.  No matter their religion they believe and recognize the power of a Supreme Being in every aspect of their lives.  They dedicate all they have to the Lord and expect nothing in return.  I didn't have the life changing experience i thought i would in Tonga, rather i had an attitude change. I find joy in the little things and love for all those around me.  I am so grateful for the time i spent in Tonga.
 'Ofa atu Tongatapu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment