August 7, 2011

Words To Live By:

"Do what you feel to be right in your heart -- for you will be criticized anyways." -Eleanor Roosevelt

When i first heard this quote i wanted rip out a few true thats, hallelujahs, amens, and a gangster like 'word', because this quote in essence encompasses all that is my life.  No matter how right something feels in your heart or how noble it may appear there will always be criticism! I think everyone is criticized for things they do.  For me i get the same conversations almost every week, these are a few of my favorites:
"Are you dating anyone...." -yeah, Phill, he's on a mission- "So no...You should really be dating around."  
"You're just going to Weber State, right?"
"Two years is a really long time..."
"You need to get that boy home and start a family"
"You're just going to be a teacher, right?"

I usually answer all of these delightful phrases with as much politeness as possible (easier said than done), even though i do have a few choice responses i'd like to say to them every time. The point is even if  you are doing what you know you're supposed to do or have made a decision that you know is right, go for it. Criticism is going to inevitably creep up on you to try and change your course.  Some people are easily shaken by the opinions of others. I am not. I have too much conviction in my heart that everything in my life right now is exactly how it is supposed to be. I am learning to find humor in the criticism i face every day, mostly because i know i'm right. (haha)

2 comments:

  1. That's so sad! :( But I like the quote! I think you're great for doing all you do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. movie Quote "Your Right" and the hint is a big headed dinosaur with little arms trying to seize a a yellow headed boy........ I know your right! love you!

    ReplyDelete