August 28, 2011

Trending Now:

So i have never considered myself super trendy or one to go along with whatever everyone else is wearing, i just wear what i want when i want, but there is one trend that is gaining popularity that i am sooo on board with! it's 70 style headbands. Freaking delightful, but they are a pain in the butt! These are the 2 that i have had success with thus far in my attempts to be trendy. haha This post is probably going to make me look slightly shallow...possibly egotistical, but i am doing this for you Mrs. Bree Cooper, and anyone else who wants to jump on this little "fashion" band wagon with me. So here we go...

I got this headband from Claire's. how i made it look semi decent is this
1. do hair in up do messy bun in the back or on the side
2. put the headband on over your bangs
3. you'll have to pin and adjust the headband because it tends to make your hair go all sorts of crazy directions
4. take the bangs that are hanging down under the headband and wrap them up and around the headband to create a sweeping motion with the hair.
5. hairspray and prepare yourself for one giant headache after wearing this baby all day!


This is my new favorite headband, i got it at Downeast Basics. (surprisingly enough)
how i did this quirky little do is:
1. my hair was down and slightly curly
2. i put the headband on first under all my hair
3. then i gathered my hair on the side of my head with and elastic made a messy bun and pinned random pieces all over the place.
3. then i did the sweeping motions with my bangs again which was already there from the curl pretty much
so in this look the only part of the headband you see is across your forehead.

This view of the bangs might make it easier to see what i mean by sweeping. haha
sorry i am no master of fashion. but i think i have officially stated everything i know about this new fashion trend and made myself look slightly self absorbed in the process. i have yet to make one look good with my hair down...that's a project for another day.
Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Hahaha I TOTALLY love this post! And I'm totally going and buying myself some headbands!! I seriously hope I can pull them off like you do! :) It was good to see you today, btw. Adorable as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the headbands!! Oh and by the way, you are SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete